Step-by-step installation guide, common issues & solutions, code snippets, error codes, config previews, locales previews, SQL previews, and changelogs; all in 1 easily accessible place.
1. Unzip the
cd_terminalhacker.zipfolder and place this folder in your server's resource folder.
2. Add the resource to your server start config:
3. WARNING The name of the folder must not be changed or the resource will not function correctly.
4. WARNING Do not edit the encrypted files in any way.
This works like any other hacking mini-game for FiveM, just more interactive. You would place the export (as seen below) in a robbery script for example, and if the player completes the hack, you can either reward the player or allow them to progress to the next stage. The scoreboard allows players to compete for the bragging rights of who is the best hacker.
The code below can only be placed inside a client.lua file, not a server.lua file.
local example = exports['cd_terminalhacker']:StartTerminalHacking()
if example.success then
print('im a winner')
print(example.time) --Returns the amount of time taken to complete (in seconds).
print(example.score) --Returns the score. (You gain a higher score from downloading more optional files).
print('i suck so bad')
The point of the hacking game is to find the proper .exe file somewhere in a remote PC's directory. Some .exe files are corrupted and will set you back. (You need to figure out which is which). Along your search path, you are supposed to download additional files from the file system and gain a score. Score and time taken to determine the leader board placement, and the server owner can set their own actions based on time and score.
All of these chat commands can be renamed and disabled/enabled in the config/code.
If a command isn't working, make sure the config option for the said feature is enabled in the config.lua.
🔔 Folder Name Make sure the name of the folder is
Files Changed: Not every update requires you to replace the whole folder. We do this because we understand it's a pain to redo the configs for every update.
- All Files - This means you should delete your old
cd_terminalhackerfolder, download and add in the latest version, reconfigure the configs folder and restart your server.
- Specific Files - This means you can simply copy and paste the SPECIFIC new files over the old ones and restart the server.
Update Type: On rare occasions, you are forced to update to the latest version. Mostly due to authentication updates where the old versions will no longer work.
- Mandatory - This means you MUST update to this new version or the old versions will no longer work.
- Optional - This means it's completely your choice whether you wish to update to the latest version. But we do not offer support for old versions for obvious reasons; they are old.