Step-by-step installation guide, common issues & solutions, code snippets, error codes, config previews, locales previews, SQL previews, and changelogs; all in 1 easily accessible place.
2. Unzip the
cd_identity.zipfolder and place this folder in your server's resource folder.
3. Add the resource to your server start config:
ensure cd_identity. If you are using a framework, it must be placed anywhere below your framework resource e.g., es_extended, not above.
Depending on your framework and dependencies, you may need to make some changes inside the
[cd_identity/fxmanifest.lua]. We have made this easier by commenting on the lines you possibly need to change.
You MUST read all configurable options inside the
[cd_identity/configs/config.lua]file and configure them to suit your server's needs. Please read the ”commented out help text” at the end of each line so you can understand what each config option does.
You MUST import the SQL file to your database. This SQL file is located inside the
READ_ME_AFTER_PURCHASINGfolder; the file is named
SQL_main.sql. Watch this video if you are unsure how to do this HeidiSQL / PHPMyAdmin.
DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, OR THE SCRIPT WILL NOT FUNCTION CORRECTLY!
These chat commands can be renamed and/or disabled in the Keys and Commands section of the
The exact usage for each command will be displayed in the chat suggestions when using the commands in-game.
If enabled, this will allow you to show your id card to the closest player by. If no players are nearby, you will see your own id card.
This will show your id card to the closest player who NOT in a vehicle (useful in traffic stops for when you want to show your id card to an officer outside your vehicle instead of your passenger).
(Test Command) This is a test command which opens the passport UI.
🔔 Folder Name Make sure the name of the folder is
🔔 Encrypted Files Do not edit the encrypted files in any way.
SQL Default Value?eg., if you see an error similar to this example when inserting an SQL query into your database -
“BLOB/TEXT column 'cd_identity' can't have a default value”.✔️ You can use “VARCHAR(256)” instead of “LONGTEXT” in the SQL query.
SQL Unknown Column?eg., if you see an SQL error in the server console similar to this example -
ER_BAD_FIELD_ERROR: Unknown colum 'cd_identity' in 'where clause'.✔️ You are missing one of the required database columns. The SQL file can be found in the "READ_ME_AFTER_PURCHASING" folder.
If you see an error code not listed below, please open a script support ticket in the Codesign Discord.
021454 - The server event (
cd_identity:CacheIdentityData) which caches a player's data for the id card has not been triggered.
465144 - There is an error in the
IdentitySaved()function. Please attempt to debug this yourself before contacting the Codesign Team.
3216354 - You are attempting to close the identity card UI but its already closed. this error code will not break anything in the resource, it's more of a warning.
Files ChangedNot every update requires you to replace the whole folder. We do this because we understand it's a pain to redo the configs for every update.
- All Files - This means you should delete your old
cd_identityfolder, download and add in the latest version, reconfigure the configs folder and restart your server.
- All Files Except config.lua - This means you should do all of the above (in the All Files section) but additionally make a backup of the
config.luafile and replace the new config.lua file with the one you made a backup of.
- Specific Files - This means you can copy and paste the SPECIFIC new files over the old ones and restart the server.
Update TypeOn rare occasions, you are forced to update to the latest version. Mostly due to authentication updates where the old versions will no longer work.
- Mandatory - This means you MUST update to this new version, or the old versions will no longer work.
- Optional - This means it's completely your choice whether you wish to update to the latest version. But we do not offer support for old versions for obvious reasons; they are old.
If you are attempting to update to the latest version but have skipped previous updates, you should update all files just to be safe. For example., let's say you are currently on v4.0.1, you did not update when v4.0.2 was released, and now v4.0.3 is released, and you want to update; you should always use the “All Files” update method.
v1.0.2 - v1.0.7
- All Files
- All Files Except config.lua
- Specific Files
- Added the ability to rename all esx events such as the setjob and playerloaded events.
- Added support for CUI_character script.
- Added a new config option to auto close the id card after x amount of seconds.
- Added the ability to set a minimum age.
- Updated the codesign error handlers.
- Removed the dependency for screenshot basic as its not longer needed.
- The resource is now drag-and-drop compatible with any multicharcter resource without having to make changes to external scripts.
- Fixed a bug with the id card not showing your mugshot when showing your id card to another player.
- Identity passport input field now support UTF-8 characters for languages other than English.
- Fixed a issue where identity data did not load when creating a new character.
- Fixed a typo when using the id card as an item which caused it to error.
- Fixed the xPlayer.getName() returning the steam name instead of the characters roleplay name.
- Temporary fix for the canary issue until the new Tebex FiveM license system is ready to launch, when this is released we will be fully switching over to the new system.
- Fixed the bug where id card date of issue and date of expiry only showed default values.
- Fixed the bug where if you switch to female character then back to male, the female photo would still be showing.
- All Files
- All Files Except config.lua
- Specific Files
- Added compatibility with the latest oxmysql.
- When using esx_skin the default ped model will change depending on the sex you chose when you created your character.
- Added the default events to open the esx_skin menu.